The demands of modern working life aren’t getting any easier. Unfortunately, problems at work still arise from time to time in areas such as:
- Being overlooked for promotion
- Being treated unfairly
- Being threatened with disciplinary action
- Being discriminated against on grounds of race, gender, working hours, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
At times like these, the services of a professional and effective trade union such as Accord are essential. Every day we help members with issues that impact their enjoyment of work and their quality of life, including:
- Being expected to work extra hours
- Being expected to make unreasonable adjustments to working patterns
- Being treated unfairly in appraisals or remuneration
- Being expected to work in conditions contrary to Health & Safety regulations
- Being bullied
- Being harassed and stressed.
Accord members benefit from confidential, professional advice on any work-related issue. Accord will be there when you need someone on your side.
Accord has a dedicated and experienced team of advisers and you can find their details and contact numbers here.
In addition, Accord provides legal representation including a FREE helpline for members and support with employment tribunal applications, personal injury claims and more.