The launch of our new website was just the beginning...
We launched our new website at the beginning of the year, but this was just a starting point. Over the last few months, we've been working hard with the web developers to make improvements across the site to ensure our members and reps find what they’re looking for. Here’s some of the things we've been working on:
- Our developers evaluated the key journeys that reps and members go through to find specific information. Following this, we've been through every page of the website and tweaked many of the links, buttons and page layouts to ensure the information flows and is easily accessible.
- Most significantly, we've made the get support and resource centre sections clearer so you get to the information you need quicker.
- There have been quite a few webinars that we've hosted, or we've advertised in our events section from trusted organisations. So that you can catch up on recorded events, we've added a webinars section.
- We’ve listened to member feedback and made a number of changes to our digital forms – including making them even more mobile friendly.
- Communication preferences have had a review and we've now added ‘equality matters’ to these options. Why not update your details online now?
- For our tech savvy members, we've added an RSS feed to the website - so you can now get website updates directly into your favourite RSS reader app (more on notifications coming soon).
- Some frustrating bugs have been squished, including tackling an issue that allowed some spam to slip through the net (no, we don’t want any weight loss pills!).
And we’re not finished yet.
We plan to continue adding new functionality to the website and we've got many improvements in our plan. Here’s a couple of the things we’re working on right now:
- We’ve got a live chat facility in the works. We’re aiming to remove the time it takes to answer quick queries, and we want to make this frustration free – so they’ll be not bots with pre-set responses! It will be our friendly membership team and officers waiting on the other end.
- We’re building a notification service, so you'll never miss important updates from us. When signed up, we'll email you whenever we publish something new on the website, from news stories to events – you’ll always be in the loop!
- We want the website to be the first-place members go to for support, so we’re adding a help centre which provides answers to frequently asked questions. We’re also adding some select guidance on policies – if there’s anything you think we should include, please let us know.
- We’ll be giving the home page a little refresh to make important notices more visible (such as covid-19 support).
- The news and blog section will get a little update to make other related articles more obvious. This will help us to promote content that we think you’ll want to know about.
- We’re also working on some new guidance – including helpful information to support members who've been told they’re at risk of redundancy, and resources to help you think about your career and future plans.
- The website navigation menus will get a little refresh to make sure you can find the information you need - we're asking select members to help us get those designs right.
Have you updated your details online?
We made the decision early on that as an open and transparent union, we wouldn't be locking away any information that you'd need to login to access. But we do have a login area, and this is so that you can securely view and update your membership details with us. If you haven't checked yours, we'd ask you to take a few moments to login now and check we've got your details right*.
*If you're currently working from home, you do not need to update your workplace - this is because your contracted workplace hasn't changed. If that changes in the future, we'll ask you to update your details to reflect this.
To update your details, click the 'Update your details now' button below, and enter your email address (it can be any of the email addresses that you have provided to us). You’ll be emailed a unique link to access your profile. The link will expire after 15 minutes for security purposes. Once logged in, you can make changes to all your details, but some sections such as the employment and payment details need us to manually approve the changes so won't be updated immediately.
If you need support or have any suggestions for the website, email [email protected]
Update your details now
Read the next article
Back to all articles