Accord supports action against racism
Today is Show Racism the Red Card’s annual Wear Red Day.
Wear Red Day is a National Day of Action to encourage businesses, schools and individuals to wear red and to show their support for anti-racism and raise valuable funds for the charity. In 2021, the 25th anniversary of the campaign, an incredible 250,000 individuals took part in the day of action.
Accord is calling on our members to show their support for the campaign and help challenge racism in society.
You can also make donations to the charity to show your support. Any donations you make to the campaign help facilitate the delivery of anti-racism education throughout the UK.
There are a number of ways you can get involved…
- Expand your knowledge. The TUC hosted a webinar with BECTU and Unison in July 2022 called Tackling racism and inequality at work. The webinar discussed and shared best practice examples of how reps can negotiate and collectivise issues on race. You'll also find some useful bitesize training courses available from the TUC in the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion section of our online training.
- Show your support for Wear Red Day by downloading the WRD22 graphics and share them on social media. Download the Facebook cover image and Twitter header image.
- Take a selfie with the “I'm supporting Wear Red Day” card & share it on social media - make sure you use the hashtag #WRD22
- Wear something red for the day – it can be as subtle as wearing red socks.
- If you’re joining an online meeting, use the virtual WRD background.
- Make a donation – every penny counts - text RED to 70470 to give £1.
- Spread the word and use the hashtag #WRD22 on any social media posts.
Let’s show the nation that we are here and that we are united.Get involved Donate
CHANGE HEARTS. CHANGE MINDS. CHANGE LIVES.
On Tuesday 18th October, Accord's Ged Nichols signed a manifesto at TUC Congress, joining other Trade Unions from across the country to unite against racism and commit to being an anti-racist movement.
Find out more about the Trade Union Anti-Racism manifesto, and the actions that Trade Unions are taking to tackle racism in the movement.
In 2021, members of the Accord team, Principal Executive Council, and our Equality Diversity & Inclusion group pledged their support for Wear Red Day. You can watch the short video showing our support online.
For more details about Wear Red Day, visit: www.theredcard.org/wear-red-day